In which Brittana are responsible for making their school a better place.
Can we just discuss this? Basically, Santana created the Bully Whips and took care of the bullying problem. But, what she didn’t account for was inner discrimination. She solved the outward problem and ended physical violence but now comes the hard part. Now the problem becomes changing people’s minds. This is where Britt comes in. She immediately centers Kurt’s (now her’s) campaign on acceptance. Better yet, she centers it on embracing the gay. Embracing our inner freak. And
if when she wins, that will represent how McKinley High is just one step closer to being the kind of school where Santana Lopezes(?) everywhere can be themselves, without fear. Proudly so.
And can I just say how appropriate this is? Santana and Brittany’s dynamic has always worked on the basis of complimentary attributes.
Santana functions on the level of the physical, as we see from
* her conflict behaviors, as per when she gets into fist fights with Mercedes, Quinn, Lauren, etc. (see here);
* her primary love language, as per her demonstrating her love for Brittany primarily through what she says with her body (see here);
* how she portrays herself to the public—i.e., as a physical creature, with a hot body and high libido.
Conversely, Brittany functions on the level of the emotional, as we see from
* her conflict behaviors, which involve subtle forms of relational aggression (see here);
* her primary love language, which, while physical in nature, nevertheless focuses on the communicative capacity of sex as a vehicle for expressing underlying emotions (“With feelings, it’s better”);
* how she portrays herself to the public—i.e., as a generally sweet and happy person, who genuinely loves her friends and acquaintances.
Neither one of them could have accomplished this quiet revolution at McKinley alone; they needed one another’s respective strengths to help better the environment at their school. And the beauty of this is that they’re doing it for each other.
(Source: fangirlcommunitycenter, via coolepilepsy)